I decided I deserved a new gaming setup. One that would be completely and utterly over the top. So here’s what I ordered:
Maingear Shift SuperStock configured with:
- Intel Core i7 3960X Six-Core 3.3GHz SandyBridge-E CPU
- 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-1866 RAM (8x4GB)
- 3x AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB cards in CrossFire
- 1500W Silverstone Strider PSU
- 3x 480GB Corsair Force GT SSD SATA 6G (in RAID-5)
- 1x 3.0TB Western Digital Caviar Green 5400RPM Drive
- LSI MegaRAID SATA/SAS 9260-8i 512MB 8 port RAID card
- 12x LG SuperMulti Blu-Ray Burner
And this monster will be driving 3x NEC MultiSync PA301w flat panels in portrait mode with EyeFinity. This will amount to 5120×2560 resolution, more or less.
I’ve got the monitors already and hooked up to my old PC, but it can’t really handle it (I get a lot of micro-stuttering, have to turn anti-aliasing completely off, etc.).
So I can’t wait to get the new PC and have a go! Should be ready in a week or so…